Monday, 2 March 2015

Tekau ma Rua 12 Twelve

There are lots of ways to a show a number and we had fun doing just that with a variety of equipment. We chose Tekau ma Rua because 12 is the number if our classroom!
3+3                  and                 3+3              
six and six

                           
Ten and two
   
Abacus - 6+6
Rods - Four lots of three


2 and 10
2,4,6,8,10,12


Domino's two six's

Tens frames. We see 10 and 2

Using rods to write a number sentence or equation.

Abacus - we see two and five and five

Dice - 3 lots of four or 3X4

A tally using ice-block sticks - 5 and 5 and 2

These happy faces show 4 and 3 and 5

We done Ruma tekau ma Rua! I bet you could find lots more ways to make 12. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I am impressed with your thinking Room 12.
    Miss James

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative. Freya and I will have to do more of this at home.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why Bevan is sorting stuff everywhere.
    Now that I know the reason, I'll give him more to sort, haha
    Christelle

    ReplyDelete