Thursday, 30 May 2013

Book Week

Recounts

We are learning to write recounts. A recount is a story about something that we have experienced. 
It should have a title and an orientation, telling who, when and where. After this you will read about what happened and the recount will finish with a personal comment.
This week we visited the Tasman District Library at the start of Book Week. Here are a couple of our recounts.

The Library Trip

Yesterday Room 16 walked to the T.D.C Library.

First I stayed with Lucy. She read us a story. Then Jenny took us around the library. We got a ride down the elevator but first I had to walk up the stairs.

I want to go back to the library.

By Alannah  - age 6

The Library Trip

Yesterday Room 16 went to the Tasman District Library.

We had some nice instructors called Lucy and Jenny. First the Apples and Bananas went with Lucy and Lucy read us a storybook. Jenny gave us a tour through the library.

I love the library because it has lots of books.

By Alexis - age 6

The Tasman District Library

Yesterday we went to the Tasman District Library.

The teacher read us a story about the three little pigs. Then we looked around the library. Then we went back to school.

It was really fun at the library.

By Grace - age 5

The Library Trip

Yesterday we went to the T.D.C. Library.

Jenny and Lucy told us about where everything was. We learnt that there was an elevator and then we went back to school.

I liked going to the library.

By Dylan - age 6

The Library Trip

Yeaterday Room 16 went to the library.

It was fun. I liked it at the library. We saw some rocks. Lucy took us around the children's area. She read us a story.

I had fun.

By Max - age 5

The Library Trip

Yesterday we went to the Tasman Library.

I felt happy. We went down the stairs. we looked at the display of the rocks. We looked at the paintings and Lucy read us a book.

By Kahn - age 5

No comments:

Post a Comment